
The day started off well but not long into the morning, when Brendon was due to do Owen's top & tail, I heard Brendon say "Oh, no my boy this is not good." I was upstairs in the loft getting a couple of hours of studying done. The tone & pitch of Brendon's voice let me know that 1. He wanted to let me know something had happened & 2. Please don't shout at me! I had gathered that Owen had pulled the bucket of water over while Brendon was not looking. I went downstairs to see the 2 guilty parties. The only victims of the incident was the New Zealand wool carpet and Owens tail that was saturated. Owen thought this was very funny & Brendon hurriedly packed everything up so the laminate would not get wet and warp. This carpet has a story of it's own. When I purchased it back in 1997 in Durban it cost the equivalent of my Opel's car instalment. Needless to say it was looked after very well. In it's lifetime it has had a whole plate of mash potatoes and gravy land on it and now that Owen has had it in his room it has had oops up of baby curry and ratatouille that stains yellow. So the carpet was due to go for a clean anyway. Now the cost to clean this carpet each time is a small fortune. Actually it costs half of what the original car instalment was and it is cheaper to go to Ikea and buy a new one every time we need it cleaned. But no I am not getting rid of it so it has been relocated down to the lounge where it is covered nicely by a duvet for Owen to play on!
2 comments:
This took me forever to read Wendy because I was laughing so much that I could not see through the tears in my eyes. You sure do paint a very clear picture and that expression was oh so Brendon. Owen looks so guilty in the picture it is delighful. Thanks so much. I loved this post as I love allyour posts. I think once the studies are over you need to write a book.
I fully support my mom's comment. Every thing she says! Right down to the book thing, even I would read that, and ask Brendon that says alot.
Post a Comment