Another trip, another week
As you can see I have been busy getting Owen's blog up to date. I decided to take the hours that Owen is sleeping today off and put my thoughts down on paper, so to say. Most of my thoughts for the blog are conjured up during the wee hours of the morning when I am either up doing a dummy run or up wondering why I am not doing a dummy run. Then it takes some time to get back to sleep so I spend those valuable minutes thinking about my precious cherub.
It is getting close to my exams now. Brendon has been on 3 business trips in 3 weeks and is due home tonight. Brendon, Owen and I are all a little frayed around the edges at this point. I miss Brendon, Owen misses Brendon and Brendon misses Owen & I. Except for my exam preparation it has not been a good week in general. We are all suffering from poor health and colds. In fact Owen and I are off to the doctor in an hour as he has a cough that could rival any medium -sized dogs bark. I just hope that he does not get another course of antibiotics as he has already had 2 courses this year for his BCG.
The "gastouder" is still not going well. He cannot manage being there for more than
2 hours. Next week Monday and Tuesday are the deciding days. If he still cannot manage I am going to have to call it a day with that arrangement. It disappoints me as I was beginning to enjoy "Wendy time" but seeing Owen stressed and teary-eyed most times I go to fetch him really breaks my heart. One of the days Owen was crying and I was crying and the gastouder was patting us both on the back saying that it will be alright. The very next day things picked up but sadly they regressed after a week.
We continue to go for our walks, spend time with the other moms doing activities and enjoying our weekends as a family. Thankfully Owen won't remember the days when I zipped his neck in his coat twice. Or when I really want him to sleep in the night and I am close to losing my fruit. Or when he bangs his head on the table on my watch.
Life with Owen is so precious. I think of how empty my life would be without him. Filled with just a day job and some social event. He fills my days with smiles, slobbery kisses and love. I love the way his toes curl up when he is drinking his bottle of milk. Or when he is smiling at me while I am doing something and I turn and see him. Or when he laughs hysterically when I sing him "little Peter rabbit". And when I play peek-a-boe and we are on either side of the couch. I am very glad that I have taken this year off to watch his every move. I would not change it for anything in the world. It has been a priceless year.
Thursday, 9 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a lovely post Wendy. Your honest and sincere thoughts expressing those deep feelings were very touching and I applaud you. You are such a good Mom and wonderful role model. Owen will be so proud of you and will appreciate being able to read your blog when he is older. I know we are all proud of you and Brendon. You are both doing a good job. Well done.
Wendy, well done! I know how you feel, but you're doing a great job and I'm sure you can't imagine life without him.
Post a Comment