Murphy's Law
The other Monday I wanted to take Owen to be weighted and measured as I had missed taking him at his 13th month. On the Saturday I noticed Owen had a black eye. This was not a surprise to me. He is in constant motion and always with something in not only one but both hands. And considering banging things on his head is his new form of entertainment I was relieved to see it was just a black eye and not something major. The next weigh date was a Friday so I thought the black eye would disappear and that would be a better day to take him. My fear of the clinic giving social services my details far outweighed the need to know Owens statistics that Monday. By Wednesday things were not looking any better. Owen was sporting another bruise, this time on his cheek, and also a scratch on his forehead. Even the lady at the gym creche asked what had happened to him. I just said "I don't know". It is hopeless to explain. Lets hope Monday he doesn't look like WBA champion. Now Thursday Owen and I had the day waxed. We were running on time and the destination was the supermarket and then our usual fixed appointment, a playgroup at a friends home. We were doing alright until I closed the front door behind me. An impulsive thought led me to put Owen down so he could cruise the pavement in front of our house. A little freedom could be good I thought. The only moment that I looked away Owen fell over onto his hands and knees. I decided at this point that maybe he would get dirty and wet and delay our plans. So I scooped him up and put him in his car seat. Next thing I saw and smelt dog poop on his shoe. I immediately took it off and wiped the poop off with a bumwipe. Next it was on his pants. Not too bad I thought and wiped it off with a bumwipe too. Good. No more dog poop in sight. Next stop supermarket. Once all the items were in the trolley and we were at the check-out I happened to glance down and no-way........dog poop all down the front of my jacket and jeans from picking Owen up and putting him in the car. Now I was starting to see red! This lead me to some internet research. There are approximately 16.4 million people living in Holland. Lets estimate half of the population has at least 1 dog (figures are not found) as owning a dog here is high on every Dutchies list. This costs them Eur 54 per year for the first dog and would give the government around Eur 442 million to spend on dog services they provide for this money. Not one cent of the Eur 442 million is spent on cleaning the pavement outside our house! But actually the government are not to blame. I would have thought that Eur 54 would deter a Dutchie. The thought of a wet pooch in our house deters me. Even though it is winter the consequence of owning a pet is that it has to poop. I wish people would be more considerate, when out walking their pet, to the enjoyment of those out walking their toddlers.
Saturday, 17 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor you Wendy. People are so inconsiderate. Owen sure seems to enjoy his banana.
Post a Comment